Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Painting Picture Frames

Painting Picture Frames
to match & coordinate !!!

I decided that my hallway looked kinda drab... it just needed some updating.I love pics of family and friends but sometimes the collection of frames just seems so hodge~podge.. and I wanted a little more coordination and cohesiveness. I had painted the hallway about 3 summers ago, but did nothing with the frames and wall decor. It was time for a change... a little update.... hippy style. Not wanting to spend much $$$, I decided to paint the frames I had and just coordinate them by spray painting them the same color. I like hammered black. It's a textured look and doesn't show up if you mess up too much. Even better... ~! It seems like leafy wreaths, greenery, and fake trees are on their way OUT... so I got rid of the grapevine over the frames and pulled a wall decorative thing off of the wall of the bedroom. It was gold and wasn't doing much in that room anyway. I spray painted it a turquoise blue... and instantly LOVD it!!! O WOW... ~ And I don't even like blue all that much ~!!!  But for some reason it really popped to me and I think it looks really great over the black frames. So, this little project took little to no time, little too no money... and that's very hippie.... bc we hippies like things free and for a great price ~!~!

Before          &&&&          After

But I do not have much in the $$$ budget for new picture frames that match!  So.... I took the pics off of my hallway wall today and painted them...

I used Black Metallic Krylon Fusion Hammered Finish, which looked more like grey when finished.


  • Dries in 15 minutes
  • No sanding or priming
  • Use inside and out on most plastics
Great for wood, metal, ceramic and more!

How can it get any easier that THAT???

I simply removed the pics, dusted the frames, laid them outside on trashbags, and SPRAYED.


Once they were dry... I put the pics back in and rehung. I think that my hallway now looks a little more "put~together" and coordinated! Such an easy project for less than $5 bucks!

While I was in the "painting mode" I went ahead and bought some turquoise paint, then sprayed a  gold wall deco piece that I had purchased @ Hobby Lobby (on 70% off)  a lo~o~o~ng time ago. It took some searching but I finally found Valspar - Gloss Topical Oasis @ Lowe's. I sprayed the piece to replace the vine swag originally over the pics. I also dug out a beautiful crocheted pic out from the back of the closet and put it on the wall. . . .

Now it's finished


I really don't hang pictures very straight! I need to work on that! LOL

Happy Painting~!~!~!


No comments:

Post a Comment