Thursday, March 21, 2013

YeLLoW & BlaCk AccEssoRies

YeLLoW & BlaCk AccEssoRies
for BedrOom < tHan  $ 10 DoLLaRs

As u know, I am also working on one of the bedrooms... I am "hooked"
on yellow, black, and grey ~!~!
Now I see it everywhere ~
I bought 3 yards of material and made a mural.. &&& got inspired
to do something more w/ the material left over....
The burgundy pillows in this room had to GO GO GO...
and so did the quilt on top of the bed.
I took the pillows apart and remade them into some fresh new ones ~~
UUUUU yummy !!!

3 pillows
small rag quilt (for color)
and a covered basket
The buttons were from my aunt's button bucket...
I just hot-glued them on ~~!~!~~~
These pillows used to be Burgundy. I took the
stuffing out of the inside and made "new"
pillows. I didn't want to store the old
ones....
These rag quilt pieces I've had for almost a year
from an earlier project  ~!~!

Rag Quilts are a great way to use scraps.
The back of this is black denim / an old
duster jacket that no one was wearing and
came to me FREE... 

Hippies Luv Free Stuff ~!~!~
I painted and re~purposed a brown basket to hammered black
with Krylon spray paint,
covered the inside with grey scrap material,
 and wrapped w/ white netting (that was given to me free) for a
"softer" look... This is to hold my favorite books !~!~!
While out TrEaSurE hUntInG I found some
items to go on the dresser...
a square black Plate and glass, black vase from Good-Will
 total of $ 3 Dollars
(Mondays are 25% off days)
&&&
a Big Yellow/ orange Flower from
Dollar General
$2 Dollars

So these treasure~hunting items were
< $$$ 5 Dollars (total)  ~!~

Happy DIY~ing




1 comment: