Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Simple Summer Indoor Grilling

Simple Summer Supper / Mexican Salad

Indoor Grilling



I like to cook... but sometimes in the summer I just get lazy. I confess, I am not the world's greatest outdoor griller. I seem to always get the meat cooked too tuff .... we eat it (we joke about throwing it over the back fence...) ... well,  it's just not that grand.
The other day I had a craving for a big, healthy salad ~~! So, I dragged out the George Foreman that I bought at a thrift shop years back for $10. If you ever see a George Foreman at a garage sale or a thrift shop ....  GRAB IT !!! They are nifty little things to have handy!

I threw on some chicken breasts (still frozen) and seasoned them with
black pepper, Chips n Salsa seasoning, and cumin. I LOVE cumin. It gives meat a smoky flavor. U can drizzle the meat with a little olive oil or light oil (such as canola) while grilling as well.
I then tossed up lettuce, cherry tomatoes, avacado, onion, and added banana peppers for "pop"...

A great, light dressing for summer salads (it's been my fav for years) is
1 tablespoon of canola oil and 1 teaspoon of celery salt. Drizzle over salad.
Mmmm. Light and tasty ~! Hope you are enjoying your summer !!!







2 comments:

  1. This looks really good Sandy. One of my favorite salads in the summer is fresh spinach, chicken breast strips cooked, strawberries sliced up, red onion slices, and drizzle with balsamic vinegar dressing. Sprinkle the top with sliced almonds and crumbled feta cheese. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds awesome ~ I will have to try it as well. Thx

    ReplyDelete