Sunday, April 21, 2013

Palazza Pant Party

Palazza Pants
Hippie Fun 4 da Summa





Hot weather is coming and I'm ready to get cool for da summaa... I found the easiest pattern to make palazza pants (a.k.a. "clown pants") @ Wally World and have started making sassy, simple, silly, summer pants. I like clothing that really does NOT touch my body.. so these are perfect.. but still cute w/ a matching t-shirt, 
flip flops or sandals, and costume jewelry.

For this project I used 2 colors of material... black print (on sale for $3 a yard) used for the trim and a green funky print (on sale for $2 a yard) for the pants. I also bought 1" elastic... my fav... bc it doesn't roll at the waist.

It's So Easy Pattern #A2119 by Simplicity
Cost ~~ a couple of bucks...

I am able to get a pair of pants w/ 2 yards , but go by
instructions on the pattern for yardage.
For funzzz, I cut about 4" off of the bottom of the pant and
added 5" of the black print... !~!

Measure, press, and pull thru the elastic at the top.
I never hand-sew on these pants. No buttons, no
zippers, no hand-work. NO FUSS.
I just zig-zag the bottom and make a French hem.

Cool! Cute! Fun! Less than $5 bucks! and Easy!


No comments:

Post a Comment